The products that we sell and install, in our expert opinion, are the best devices to get the job done right. Our exceptional handyman skills allow us to install ventilation fans, replace water heaters and equip your home with fire safety equipment. Our broad-based knowledge and specific industry training allows us to perform your new installation in a timely manner.
Our handyman services are available in Washington DC and surrounding cities in Maryland and Virginia as well. So, if you require our handyman services in Alexandria, Springfield, VA or the surrounding areas, we will be happy to assist you.
Don’t let any old handyman in the Silver Spring & Rockville area handle this kind of product installation. Trust the handyman services offered at Michael & Son.
|What Does an Attic Fan Do?
- Reduces attic air temperature by as much as 55°F
- Eases the strain on your cooling system by venting super-hot air trapped in your attic
- Extends the life of your roof by reducing heat damage to roof sheathing, felt, and composition shingles
- Reduces utility costs
- Helps you save money
How Does It Work?
Have you ever noticed that the upstairs of your home tends to stay warmer than the lower levels? This is a result of that old law of physics-HEAT RISES! One way to fight this and also reduce your cooling costs in the summer is to make sure that your home is equipped with a properly running attic exhaust fan. Your attic gets up to 160 degrees on a summer day (WOW!) and an attic fan takes that heat and warm air and ducts it outside of your home.
With that warm air out of the house your home will stay generally cooler and you will notice that you need less air conditioning to keep it that way. If the attic fan in your home is over ten years old, it’s a good idea to get it checked out this spring. Summer is just around the corner!
|Why Do You Need a Ceiling Fan?A ceiling fan is a good way to keep a room cool and provide general air circulation year round. It is also a great lighting alternative that is both attractive and practical. With so many great styles to choose from why not add a few ceiling fans to your home now!! Contact us at 1-800-948-Mike (6453) for more information.
Bath Exhaust Fan
Why Do You Need a Bath Exhaust Fan?
A bath exhaust fan helps to eliminate odor, moisture and steam in your bathroom. Moisture and steam can cause mildew, corrosion, and wear and tear on any woodwork or cabinetry. Bath exhaust fans also rid your bathroom of odor. And since bath exhaust fans are relatively silent, why not love your bathroom and add a fan today? Your bathroom will thank you!!! Contact us at 1-800-948-Mike (6453) for more information.
|Rinnai Tankless Water HeaterTired of running out of hot water? No worries. Michael & Son is an authorized dealer of Rinnai Tankless Water Heater, a water system that can produce endless stream of hot water to multiple outlets without any fluctuation in temperature. It is 50% more energy efficient than a traditional natural gas water heater and 70% more efficient than an electric water heater. Imagine how much you can save with this product! Michael & Son technicians are certified to install Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters. Satisfaction guaranteed! Call us today at 1-800-948-Mike (6453) for more details on this amazing product!
How Does It Work?
Unlike old technology water tanks that heat and reheat the same water 24 hours a day, Rinnai Continuum is more efficient because it only heats water when it is needed. When a water source is opened, Rinnai Continuum senses the demand for hot water flow and starts the heating process. The water flows through a heat exchanger and is heated to the designated temperature set by the user.
The Rinnai Continuum system uses the feedback from a water flow sensor to adjust the fully modulating gas valve, giving users a consistent water temperature for any duration. When the water source tap is closed, Rinnai Continuum automatically shuts off until hot water is demanded again, providing significant energy cost savings up to 70 percent on monthly heating and power bills. No standing pilot light means no standby losses.
Rinnai Water Heaters
- Whole house continuous hot water system
- Up to 8.5 GPM of endless hot water – never run out of hot water
- Thermal efficiencies up to 88 percent; Energy Factors (EF) up to 0.87
- Remote water temperature control
- Space saving, compact size
- Output temperature can be adjusted to provide specific water temperatures for home, schools, nursing homes, etc.
- Maintenance/diagnostic codes are displayed on the remote controls simplifying service calls
- Direct electronic ignition (no standing pilot)
- Very low noise level
- Safe, low voltage remote controls
- All parts are replaceable
- Life expectancy of 20+ years
- Residential warranty: 10 years heat exchanger, five years all other parts
- Commercial/space heating warranty: five years all parts
- Flame rod indicates flame failure
- Over heat sensor activates at 194° F
- Boiling protection switch activates at 203° F
- Thermal fuses activate at 264° F
- Built-in freeze protection to -30° F
- Combustion fan rpm check indicates blocked flue or intake vents
- Power supply is protected by two 3 amp glass fuses
- Surge protector in line with power supply
|Residential Remote Controls
- Model MC-45 controller
– 96°F to 140°F range
- Model BC-45 and BSC-45 controllers
– 96°F to 120°F range
- All remote control units display diagnostic codes if the water heater needs maintenance or service.
- You can use a maximum of three remotes with any installation.
- You can not use two of the same model remotes on the same system. If this is done, one remote will cancel out the other.
- All Rinnai remotes provide an anti-scald safety feature. Once water is flowing, and the water heater is in operation, they will not allow you to adjust the water temperature above 110°F.
- Remote controls can be used for troubleshooting and diagnostics.
-To display the Maintenance codes (9 are stored) – press priority button “P”, followed by the thermostat button “H”. (Repeat this procedure to stop the maintenance code display loop.)
-To display Water Flow through water heater – press thermostat button “H”, followed by the priority button “P”.
– To display Outlet Water Temperature – press thermostat button “C”, followed by the priority button “P”
- Pipe Cover – Internal or External Units
|Pipe Cover – Internal or External Units
Recess Box – Outdoor Units Only
|FireKiller Technologies Flo2STOP
FireKiller Technologies improves residential fire safety by reducing oxygen flow to a fire and slowing the circulation of smoke and contaminants. The patented and UL985 product Flo2STOP turns off the HVAC system in the event of fire. Automatically turning off the HVAC system allows your house to protect itself. Flo2STOP is compatible with multiple thermostats, smoke detectors and security systems. Our goal is to help save lives and reduce damage from a fire.