Michael & Son Services, LLC Jingle Sing Off Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all schools within the territories that Michael & Son services. If you are uncertain if your school qualifies, please email email@example.com. Each school must assign an individual as their official entrant and primary contact who must be over the age of 18. Any participants under the age of If under the age of 18 must have parental consent. The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Michael & Son Services, LLC. (“Sponsor”).
- CONTEST PERIOD: You may enter the Contest between 12:00:00 pm (noon) Central Time in the United States (“CT”) on September 1st 2016 and we must receive your official entry video by 11:59:59 pm CT on November 30, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
Before uploading the Submission, you will be required to agree that you have (a) read or have had these Official Rules read to you and you are in agreement with these Official Rules, (b) received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons who appear in your Submission.
You must use release form provided by sponsor found on www.michaelandson.com/jingle/ to confirm permissions from persons appearing in your Submission; however, if you are selected as a winner, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or Entrant (as defined in “Guidelines and Restrictions” below) it deems inappropriate or otherwise noncompliant.
The creative assignment for the Contest (“Creative Assignment”) is as follows:
-Get together your idea for a MICHAEL & SON SERVICES Jingle video to air.
-Make it something you’ve never seen before. It’s up to you. Just make it awesome.
Videos will be uploaded to our website and winners will be decided by public vote through online polls posted on www.michaelandson.com/jingle-submissions/
Voting Beginning December 1st 2016 and polls will close Midnight of December 14th 2016. Winners will be announced December 15th 2016. All decisions are final.
Guidelines and Restrictions
The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one (1) person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest. You are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. If selected as a Semi-Finalist Winner, the person designated as the Entrant will be deemed to be the winner and awarded the applicable prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
-must be the original work of the Entrant produced for this Contest
-must not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe on any party’s intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright, trademark or right of privacy of publicity or any other rights
-must be suitable for display and publication on national television in the United States (e.g. it may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited violence or profanity); it must not contain obscene material, it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group), it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
-Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur or to ask the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission.
-Sponsor reserves the right not to air and/or not to post for public voting a submission in any territory in which it would not comply with applicable law or regulation and if Submission cannot, in Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, be altered in the manner envisaged above.
-All Submissions will undergo preliminary screening for compliance with these Official Rules before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered the Grand Prize. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on any or all of the Contest Sites during the Contest Period and/or in Sponsor’s social media pages and other channels, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee selection as a Finalist Winner in the Contest. If the actual, alleged or publicized conduct of any Entrant is illegal, or if any Entrant has been convicted of a crime, or in Sponsor’s sole discretion is otherwise grossly offensive or violates generally accepted standards of behavior (including but not limited to illicit drug use or public intoxication) or otherwise leads the Sponsor to reasonably believe or conclude that the public association with the Entrant subjects Sponsor to ridicule, contempt, controversy, embarrassment or scandal, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify Entrant and such Entrant’s Submission will no longer be eligible for this Contest.
By entering this Contest and uploading your Submission, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor and their agents, to the extent permissible by law, the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, broadcast, publish, use, adapt, edit, translate, dub, and/or modify such Submission in any way, in any and all media, throughout the world, for any purpose, without limitation, and without notice or consideration to you. All Contest Entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Contest Parties from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringe on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Submission. Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor’s use in matters independently developed of material similar to or identical with the Submission or containing features or elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Submission will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with Entrant, nor will it entitle Entrant to any compensation of any kind. Entrant agrees and acknowledges that nothing herein shall preclude Sponsor from using any material in or similar to the Submission without obligation to Entrant, including, but not limited to, if Sponsor has or has determined that it has an independent legal right to use such other material, including without limitation, because such features or elements were not new or novel, or were not originated by entrant, or were or may hereafter be independently created by or submitted to Sponsor. Entrant acknowledges that other Entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Entrant’s Submission. Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other Entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
- PRIZE DETAILS:
Pending the results of the public’s vote. School with the most vote in each market will be awarded the grand prize. Total of 10 Grand Prizes will be awarded, one for each of Michael & Son’s territories as defined below:
- Suburban MD(Prince Georges & Montgomery County)
- Northern VA
The Grand Prize total for each territory winner will be:
$5,000 USD for 3 or more entries in a territory.
$2,500 USD for less than 3 entries in a territory.
Prize will be awarded in the form of a check made out to the school or School’s County.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: To the maximum extent permitted by law, no liability or responsibility is assumed by the Released Parties resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Contest Sites in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Contest Sites; unauthorized human or nonhuman intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Contest Sites. Use of the Contest Sites is at user’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to users or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Contest Sites or the download of any information from the Contest Sites. By participating in the Contest, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrants and Winners agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. The Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest, event or the event broadcast is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, exercise commercially reasonable efforts to air a Grand Prize winning commercial at another time or make a reasonable substitution, in its sole discretion.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST SITES AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES OR APPS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- SPONSOR: Michael & Son Services, LLC. 5740 General Washington Drive, Alexandria, VA 22312