Why Annual Furnace Inspections Are Necessary
As summer comes to a close, its time to begin preparing for the cold weather. The most important appliance in your home during the cool months is your heating system. Not only does it keep your family comfortable, it also protects your plumbing from pipes freezing and bursting. If you’ve lived in the area long enough, you know how quickly temperatures can fluctuate. The last thing you would want to happen on the first cold day is find out your heating system is broken.
The best way to avoid an unpleasant surprise and a huge repair bill is with preemptive measures. Michael & Son Services offers a comprehensive 21 point inspection that will ensure your system is ready for action when cold weather strikes. Here’s a list of the services included with our furnace inspections:
- Inspect burner assembly for proper combustion
- Tune burners for more efficient burns
- Clean Ignition Assembly to ensure reliable operation.
- Clean & Inspect Furnace Heat Section.
- Verify Flue Draft to ensure proper ventilation
- Inspect Flue Pipe to ensure there is no corrosion.
- Calibrate Thermostat for accurate control.
- Test Refrigerant Charge to ensure proper heating or cooling
- Test Capacitors to ensure reliable operation.
- Test Crankcase Heaters.
- Inspect & Test Controls & Safeties.
- Adjust Fan Switch to prevent wasted energy.
- Adjust Balancing Dampers to improve comfort.
- Clean and Inspect Filters to reduce Compressor strain.
- Inspect & Adjust Blower Assembly to extend motor life.
- Check Air Flow to ensure proper air flow across the coil.
- Visually inspect Ductwork to identify leaks.
- Tighten Electrical connections ensuring uninterrupted operation.
- Measure & Record Voltage & Amperage.
- Lubricate All Moving Parts to restore heat transfer efficiency.
- Inspect Evaporator Coil to insure proper heat transfer efficiency.
- Rinse outside Condensing Coil to restore heat transfer.*
- THIS IS NOT A CHEMICAL CLEAN.
- Verify Condensate from A/C is draining properly at time of service.
Our 21 point inspection also includes a detailed report outlining any services your system requires. Remember, a system that is well maintained will run more efficiently, which cuts down on your energy cost. Call Michael and Son today to schedule a 21 point inspection. Also, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay up to date on special offers, upcoming events and much more!