Anyone living in the DC / Metro area is no stranger to the agony of a power outage. No matter what the season, having no access to Air conditioning, running water and lights is enough to make anyone miserable. Aside from general discomfort of not having power, an outage can also be deadly for very young children and the elderly.
One of the great services Michael & Son offers is generator sales, installation and maintenance. With a generator, you’ll no longer be at the mercy of the power company. A backup generator installed by a trained Michael & Son technician can restore power back to your home in seconds after the outage. Here’s how it works:
- The generator transfer switch monitors incoming voltage from the utility line.
- When the outage occurs, the generator is signaled to activate.
- The utility line to the generator is shut down and the new power line from the generator opens.
- Within seconds the generator provides power to critical circuits.
- When the utility line voltage has returned, power transfers back to the source.
Since each home is different in size and energy consumption, the Michael & Son technician can audit the energy use of your home and tailor a generator package just for you. While some generators will only target essential circuits, others will cover every circuit in house. Whichever you choose, installing a backup generator will save you and your family from having to sweat out another summer power outage. Don’t be at the mercy of the slow moving power company, call Michael & Son today and ask about installing a backup generator in your home. Also, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube page to find out about special offers, upcoming events and more!