Michael & Son is an authorized dealer of Generac Guardian generators – the best in home standby power and home or business generators. If you are looking for a generator for your Virginia, Maryland, or Washington DC home, Generac is the brand you want.
We install and service all types and sizes of Generac Guardian products for your home and business. We are certified to do all warranty and maintenance repairs. We serve the Washington, DC area market, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Contact our sales department at 1-800-948-MIKE. We will meet with you, assess your needs and give you a firm quote on a turn-key installation of a Generac Guardian Emergency Stand-by System.
What is a Guardian Generator?
A Generac Guardian Generator is the best-selling brand on the market. This fully-automated system is one of the most affordable and easiest to install. It will restore power in only 30 seconds, regardless of whether you are at home or away. With a Guardian product, you can always count on power being restored to your home in the event of an outage.
The Generac Guardian Generator is available in a wide range of sizes, from 6,000 to 40,000 watts, and operates on natural gas or LP gas. Call us for more information about how this generator can help you in the event of a power outage.
Briggs & Stratton Generators
Now offering Briggs & Stratton generators, offering the best warranties in the industry.
With the constant threat of severe weather, it is more important than ever to be prepared for the unknown. From hurricanes and tornadoes to snowstorms, our area is always at risk for strong weather conditions. In the event of a major storm, you’ll keep the power on when you invest in one of the generators from our company. We are proud to present industry-leading options that are ideal for use in homes and businesses of any size. With our solutions, you will never have to deal with the long wait for the power company.
Briggs & Stratton generators feature the latest innovations in the industry. These popular products are easy to use, while reducing noise and improving efficiency. When you choose to install one of these generators, you will achieve a permanent, automatic solution that keeps your lights and appliances on. No matter how severe the weather outside is, your Briggs & Stratton generators will keep you comfortable while you wait for the storm to pass.
How Does It Work?
• The completely automatic transfer switch monitors incoming voltage from the utility line around the clock.
• When utility power is interrupted, the automatic transfer switch immediately senses the problem and signals the generator to start.
• The automatic transfer switch then safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens a new power line from the generator.
• Within seconds, your generator begins supplying electricity to the critical emergency circuits of your home or business. The transfer switch continues to monitor the utility line conditions.
• When the automatic transfer switch senses the utility line voltage has returned at a steady state, it re-transfers the electrical load back to the utility line and resumes monitoring for subsequent utility loss. The generator will continue to run for an engine cool-down period of several minutes while the entire system stands ready for the next power outage.
The Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) monitors incoming utility power 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Cities we service in Maryland and Virginia includes Fort Washington, Laurel, Rockville, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax and Springfield.