Michael & Son is an authorized dealer of Guardian generators – the best in home stand-by power and home or business generators. If you are looking for a generator for your Virginia, Maryland, or Washington DC home. Guardian is the brand you want.
We install and service all types and sizes of Guardian products for your home and business. We are certified to do all warranty and maintenance repairs. We serve the Washington, DC area market, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Michael & Son are also certified to do warranty and maintenance repairs. Contact our sales department at 1-800-948-MIKE. We will meet with you, assess your needs and give you a firm quote on a turnkey installation of a Guardian Emergency Stand-by System.
What is a Guardian Generator?
A Guardian Generator is the best-selling brand on the market. This fully-automated system is one of the most affordable and easiest to install. It will restore power in only 30 seconds, regardless of whether you are at home or away. With a Guardian product, you can always count on power being restored to your home in the event of an outage.
The Guardian Generator is available in a wide range of sizes, from 6,000 to 40,000 watts, and operates on natural gas or LP gas. Call us for more information about how this generator can help you in the event of a power outage.
How Does It Work?
• The completely automatic Guardian transfer switch monitors incoming voltage from the utility line around the clock.
• When utility power is interrupted, the automatic transfer switch immediately senses the problem and signals the generator to start.
• The automatic transfer switch then safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens a new power line from the generator.
• Within seconds, your Guardian generator system begins supplying electricity to the critical emergency circuits of your home or business. The transfer switch continues to monitor the utility line conditions.
• When the automatic transfer switch senses the utility line voltage has returned at a steady state, it re-transfers the electrical load back to the utility line and resumes monitoring for subsequent utility loss. The generator will continue to run for an engine cool-down period of several minutes while the entire system stands ready for the next power outage.